Friday, October 03, 2003

I've noticed trends. Questions, comments, or lack thereof. So now I'm going to try to deal with some of them.

The Title of this Blog

People who have read this have asked me "So, what's a Gurg?"

To be perfectly honest, I never expected to actually be asked that. But that's what I get for assuming.

Gurg is a nickname of mine. There is a story behind that, but for now I'll just say that Jake created it and was the first (and only one for a long while) to call me that.

One day in my old apartment, one of our friends brought one her friends over to hang out. (So probably to play video games and drink.) On one of the end tables were two huge pin-on buttons. One said, "#1 Phill," and the other said "#1 Gurg."
My roommate Phill and I both worked for a trophy shop and were always making random crap like that.

We would wear our buttons whenever we went out on deliveries, or to the bank, or even just to lunch.

So the girl saw the buttons and asked, "What's a Gurg?"

And everyone present just burst out laughing.

It was a legitimate question, but around our very close group of friends that was the equivalent of Ralph Wiggum asking, "What's a battle?"

So yeah, I'm a Gurg. Not "The Gurg." I guess there is a comedian or something that goes by that. The newest Harry Potter book has a character called "The Gurg" who is the chief of a clan of giants. It made me wince when I read it because I was sure a bunch of kids were going to look on-line for everything Potter-related and come up with my site.

And call it a wild guess, but I'm sure that most parents would prefer their children to read about "satanism and witchcraft" than about:

-Running naked down Mill Avenue.

-Throwing up on the floor of my shower.

-Having sexual relations with the latter half of the comedic duo,"Chip and Dale"

-My more than casual interest in the farmer's daughters.

-Taking Arthur Miller's advice on writing literally. ("To write any kind of imaginary work, you gotta fall on your sword."

-Going to my final drunk.

-My bad poetry.

To any children who are reading this: Don't you click on any of the fun, bright, colorful words above, okay?

To Speak Your Mind, Click Here....Well, No, There.

I thought everyone knew about the commenting system that many blogs and live-journals have. Some just say "Comment," at the bottom of a particular post, but mine (for now) says "Climbing up the wall." Clicking on that will bring up a window that you can post your comments in. I try to be a good listener, and I wouldn't have put it up ifn' I didn't want to hear what you have to say. Hell, the majority of the comments are more entertaining than the actual posts.

You can also e-mail me, or even say "Hello" with Instant Messenger. I'll understand if you're reluctant about the IM thing. The one time I actually tried to talk to someone about their blog via Instant Messenger, I was tactlessly ignored.

But enough boring, technical, exposition.

It's time to sloth it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.