Wednesday, July 14, 2004



That's how my day started off. In a meeting. It was everything I'd ever imagined it to be...and more.

Fighting Fire With Fire

If you live in Arizona and are concerned about the fire that is raging out of control, don't worry. We're in good hands with Sibbitt is on the watch.


Because Someone Has Already Said It Better...

I've added some new quotes to my sidebar:

"As an apple is not in any proper sense an apple until it is ripe, so a human being is not in any proper sense a human being until he is educated." -Horace Mann

Before anyone accuses me of being biologically-unfriendly, the quote contains the word "he" and I haven't yet figured out how to quote somebody and but not what they said.

"Do not accustom yourself to use big words for little matters." -Samuel Johnson

Whoa, whoa! Slow down there, Professor.

"We may lose and we may win though we will never be here again" -The Eagles

"Take It Easy" was playing in my headphones while I was vomiting into a trashcan during my run at Kiwanis Park the other night.

"Ain't that the truth," I thought. "HWARARRF!"

"The single greatest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place"
-Jack Blyskal,


I don't think I need to expound on that one.

Since No One Believes Me

I've created a new blog. It is just going to be papers that I write for school. Exciting, huh? It is also so that I can have a record of what assignments I've completed that I can access from anywhere.

I don't think it's possible for people to be so bored that they'll actually read it. I'm hoping it will at least appeal to procrastinators.

No Sleep Till 'Frisco

In an effort to save power, work has shut off the ventilation fans in the parking garage. This means no more nap-time for me. Even though I haven't napped in a couple of months, knowing I can't is very depressing.

I guess I could, if I were willing to risk carbon-monoxide poisoning and heat stroke. There is nothing more unpleasant than waking up dead.

Mail-Boy Powers Go!

A very hefty gentleman sat in a seat at a horse-racing track and it collapsed underneath him.

He received a settlement of 75,000 dollars.

Amazing. I would gain 100 pounds for 75,000 dollars. Well, no, I wouldn't.

That's how it goes for most of the settlements I see. Hmm, this guy did get 5 million dollars, but I think I'd rather have my arm.

Blog Maintenance

I've gone through and rid my sidebar of blogs that seem to have been abandoned. It was sad.

But, to quote Riddick from "Pitch Black": "I will leave you."

It was sad. Ol' Yeller getting shot was sadder, though.

Lunch Time Regrets

My lunch break is over. I haven't even finished my oatmeal. Darn. Not even time enough for my Mormon joke.

Maybe next break.

Unless I start to work on my six-page research paper that is due in four and a half hours. Let's see, when I write good it takes about an 45 minutes per page. But bad writing seems to come much, much faster.

Man, I am having the time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.