Friday, July 16, 2004

Look Who's Bay Area Bloggin'
 
Guillermo B. Lopez here, reporting live from Phill's apartment on the corner of 28th Avenue and Judah. 
 
It's shaping up to be a beautiful afternoon.  The area is still shrouded by the morning fog in much the way a mother seal might cover her little seal pup in a moist beach blanket stolen from a hapless surfer.
 
I'm very excited to be here.  The last leg of my journey was a bit harrowing, having been guided through the city by a crude map drawn by Phill before he abandoned me to go to work.  He had picked me up from the airport and we had to pull some Grand-Theft-Auto style driving so that he wouldn't be late.
 
Now I'm here in his apartment patiently awaiting his return.  What to do, what to do.
 
Excuse me, I'm being handed a news flash....Ye gads!  It appears that there is an Irish pub directly adjacent to this apartment building!
 
I'm sorry, I don't usually cry while I'm reporting.
 
Excellent then.  I shall finish my rum and orange juice (Phill said I could help myself to anything) and head down to the pub.  Perhaps I will stumble to the nearby park and see if there are any ducks to chase.
 
The possibilities are bottomless.
 
Yes, well, if any other Bay Area bloggers want to do some on-location reporting, fire me an e-mail or send an instant message to "alwaysephemeral." 
 
I am certainly going to be at the Minna Gallery tonight at 9.
 
Until then, this is Guillermo B. Lopez, taking my pants off, San Francisco. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.