Thursday, July 08, 2004

Dialogue Without A Home

"So can I come and visit you while I'm in town?"

"No."

"Great, I'll be there tomorrow night."

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Yeah, I just thought maybe if I acted like you said 'yes' you would think you had said 'yes'."

* * * * *

"I don't date co-workers."

"But I'm quitting!"

"I don't date quitters, either."

* * * * *

"I would make you a river. You would be everywhere at once, but not really anywhere. You'd have fish, bright, shimmery fish that would people could catch, but only for a few seconds because they'd always manage to escape back to you. Even the one that was already breaded and about to go into the frying pan, he got away and came back to you. He was very happy to see you."

* * * * *

"Aha, but that's the best part of lonely."

* * * * *

"You don't seem like the type of person that would do drugs."

"What are you talking about? I love doing things!"

* * * * *

"Right after this place was built, an opera singer was horribly burned when a pyrotechnic effect went wrong. He disappeared shortly after."

"Wow, do you think he might be haunting the theater?"

"Ha. Not if he has any originality."

* * * *

"What's this? It appears that a cupcake has wandered away from the herd."

* * * *

"The sky is beautiful. Soft white streaks, like veins of minerals in an infinite expanse of cerulean marble."

"Are you talking to me?"

"No, but I don't mind you listening."

-Living For Two (the working title, or maybe the final title if I don't think of anything better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.