Friday, June 11, 2021

No idea what's going on. Busy as usual. With work, mostly. Growing bamboo and playing video games. Getting woken up by dogs licking my face. The puppies have been pretty good actually; they've gone weeks without going potty in the house at night. It wasn't common, but it wasn't uncommon and I was getting worried that they wouldn't grow out of it. I'm also much better about making sure the last thing I do before I go to bed is to take them outside and make them walk around. They have me trained, you see.

Now I sit and sip Mountain Dew and type my thoughts and ignore my feelings and the pain in my knee and shoulder and ponder that maybe that's what makes older people formidable fighters that they are already constantly in pain and what's a little more among friends.

I've made a pact with myself that every time I hear "Upwards Over The Mountain" by Iron and Wine, I will text or call my mom. It's that line, "Mother remember the blink of an eye when I moved through your body?"

Oh, and I'm taking the boys up to Flagstaff at the end of this month. Got invited along with a family friend, and it's their birthday month so why not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.