Saturday, August 20, 2005

School begins this Monday.

Not a moment too soon, I say. I don't think I can survive much more of summer vacation.

I'm hanging on by the final thread off the end of my rope. I'm ready to find a nice degree (ideally,one with a great body of knowledge,) settle down, and start a family of textbooks.

Well, maybe right after just one more drink...

Allison, my friend from San Diego whom I met at the Comic-Con, has been staying with us for a few days. She is an electrical engineer, works at a comic-book store, and she belly-dances.

Last night we played Shot Chess. The rules are the same chess rules, but when one of your pieces is captured you must take a shot in honor of the fallen piece.

Allison and I made it through two games. She won one, I won one, and we didn't make it through a third game because we kept forgetting which pieces were ours.

It's fun and educational.

Not so the morning after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.