Tuesday, November 16, 2004

My sacred place is almost complete. I can sprawl out on the thick blue carpet and read in the soft, glancing light of the handful of light sources I've placed around the room. My laptop sits patiently and glows invitingly. It hums while it waits.

I've forgotten how important this kind of environment is to me.

I went to class today. This may not seem newsworthy but as of late it has been just as likely to find me outside of the classroom as in it. Fortunately, I test well.

Although, I was pretty lost on the epidemiology section of my biology test yesterday. I had read Outbreak and seen the movie, but both were too long ago to be of any use.

I came to a question that read "Discuss an instance in which treatment is better than prevention."

I had not been in class for this either. I scrawled out something about how it is better to contract the chicken pox ("How delightful; a pox!") as a child than as an adult and some other babble. Then I came to the next question.

"Describe an instance in which prevention is better than treatment."

I looked down at the question. I shrugged, picked up my pencil, and wrote "Death."

I did not see any need to elaborate.

1 comment:

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.