Sunday, June 13, 2004

Regicide And Profanity

Saturday night, a couple of hours after call-backs for Macbeth, I received a phone calling offering me the part of Macduff. Sweet. Fear my blade, ye untitled Scottish Kings! Shakespeare is pretty good stuff, but there is room for improvement. I think it would be wholly appropriate if MacDuff, just before he attacks Macbeth, shouts "Taste my pain, bitch!"

I'll run it by my director; see what he thinks.

House-warming and Profanity

I spent the rest of Saturday evening at Donovan and Lauren's house-warming party. It was good times. There was a keg of Amberbock, good music, and several boxes of those chocolate thin-mint Girl Scout cookies. Rock.

Towards the end of the evening, I provided passage home for several of my friends. And by several I mean six. In tutto, there were seven people crammed into my poor little Tercel.

She was able to handle everyone, that little slut.

Randomness and Profanity

Brian Y. and I wenting to a casting call for Fear Factor on Saturday afternoon. It was interesting. We waited in line for less than an hour. Groups of twelve people at a time were called in to be interviewed en masse by one person. This took place in a large room, with other dozens of people also being interviewed. It was a little hectic.

It was like a bunch of little kids fighting for attention. I half-heartedly participated. I didn't really feel like elbowing people out of my way for five seconds of someone's time.

The guy said they would let people know if they wanted to call them back by Tuesday. Eh, oh well. I can always eat bugs in the comfort of my own home.

As I was driving through Brian's house neighborhood, leaving to go to the Macbeth audition, a car rounded the corner. There were five girls in white tank tops literally hanging out of a car. The car were sitting on the window sills. The driver honked and the girls all shouted and waved at me as I drove past them. I waved back.

I stopped at the stop sign. In my rearview mirror, I saw the car stop and slowly start to turn around. "Oh no," I thought, "I'm not falling for that one again." I drove away.

* * * *

That night, I was driving towards Donovan and Lauren's. I was on the highway, sticking my arm out of the window as I like to do when the evenings are cool. A motorcycle passed next to me on my left. I looked over to see what kind of bike it was. There was a little old lady riding on the back of the motorcycle. She was reaching out her hand as they passed, as if she were trying to grab mine. Through the clear plastic visor of her helmet, I could see her laughing hysterically.

I laughed too, and I reached out even further. This all happened in a few instants. The next, the riders were past and I was turning towards the 101, amused and envious.

Debate And Profanity

I hereby do proclaim "Take On Me" by A-Ha to be the greatest 80's song of all time. Er, of the 80's.

Have at thee.

G-Mail and Profanity

I cannot get into my Google mail account. My password isn't working. There is also the option to enter in the answer to my "secret question", but that isn't working either. That's probably because, in a fit of cleverness, I put in a false answer. Now, I don't remember what the false answer was.

That's where the profanity comes in.

So if you've e-mailed me at that account, that's why I'm not responding. Really. It isn't that I don't want to take care of your cat while you're away.

And since I haven't in a while, I'm putting up a picture of Brian, Lauren, and I that Lauren took.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.