Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I am weary. I am only mentioning this because it is only 3:30.

Three-thirty last night I was making plans to meet Donovan at Salazar Bros. down the street.

Four am found the two of us sitting on the curb by the restaurant, Donovan tearing into a carne asada burrito and myself sipping horchata from a giant styrofoam.

We talked. We enjoyed our food and drink and the cool weather. We discussed our outing to the bar the other night and my difficulty with the bathrooms there.

In the bathrooms, all the urinals have small video screens above them. You can watch television while you urinate. It reminded me of something out of the movie Spaceballs: "I told you never to use this screen!"

I found myself unable to welcome this sudden leap in urinal technology. I was afraid to watch and urinate at the same time. You know what happens to people who always watch tv when they eat? They get hungry whenever a tv is turned on.

I didn't want to become used to urinating in front of the television. Imagine the difficulties that would cause. I would probably get kicked out my house and out of every electronics store in the city.

I watched Romeo and Juliet tonight. The one directed by Baz Luhrmann. Er, I'm sorry, the official title is William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

I doubt I'm the first person to point out that in this case, putting the author's name in the title seems unneccessary. I think it might have been to distinguish it from the one made in 1968.

We kids had a vinyl record-ization of the movie. We would listen to it on our record player and find much amusement in playing it at 78 rpm speed so that everyone would sound like chipmunks. Well, The Chipmunks. Real chipmunks don't talk like that at all.

It is four o'clock. My time is up. I'll edit this in the morning. Hooray for free-writing.

By the way, the fake words in the last post were "Mai" and "Canadian".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.