Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Some Blog-keeping

I just spent all the time I would have normally spent writing playing around with my blog template.

With all due respect to my friends in the Live Journal community, it is a rather different system over there, what with all the "Friends" and "Friends Only" options and such. I feel that it could be a misservice to link to other's Live Journals, and indeed, it has been in the past.

I regret any inconvenience that this may cause.

Well, As Long As I'm Here

I have been slacking in the writing department. I've decided to throw a few options out there and see what happens. I thought of a few topics at work today...and here they are:

1. Team X-Treme Breaks Into The Forest

2. In Which Donaldo And I Are Mean To Our Mormon Friend

3. Thoughts On Alcohol Dependency

4. Team X-Treme Dodges The Train

5. Little Guillermo Breaks Into His Own House (Unsuccessfully)

6. Not-As-Little Guillermo Steals His Own Car

7. Team X-Treme Gets Artistic

8. Midnight Mexican Food With Garrett (From Garrett's Point Of View)

9. Reflection On The Nearing Anniversary Of Blogging

10. Little Guillermo Discovers That He Is Different

11. Thoughts On Weight Loss

12. Police Officer Pulls Over Guillermo And Asks "Are You In The Army" (While AWOL)

13. Travel Journals From Recent Trip To The South

14. Poetry

15. Brain Teaser

16. Vision Quest?

17. New Staff At The Nation-State Of Guillermo

For Example, If Someone Picks #8:

During my senior year of high school, I hung out with Garrett a lot. I didn't have a cell phone then, only my pager (remember those?) The following scene occurred very often.

(Garrett is middling around at home at some ungodly hour of the night. He bumbles over to the phone and punches in Guillermo's pager number. He punches in his own number after the prompt, and then hangs up. He waits. After a few moments, the phone rings. Garrett answers.)

Garrett: [with an energy that belies the hour] Hey man!

Guillermo: [muffled, sleepy, confused] Hello? Garrett? Wha...what is it, what do you want?

Garrett: Hey, what are you doing?

Guillermo: [annoyed] What am I doing? What are you doing? I'm asleep, that's what.

Garrett: Hey, you wanna come over so we can go hit up some Fili-B's?

Guillermo: [all-out pissed] What, now? Is that why you paged me in the middle of the night, to go to Filiberto's? What the hell, man? We both have school tomorrow! What's wrong with you? Screw this, I'm going to sleep. (Guillermo hangs up.)

(Garrett puts the phone back on the cradle. He sits. A few moments pass.

The phone rings.)


Garrett: [brightly] Y'ello?

Guillermo: [grudgingly] I'm on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.