Sunday, February 01, 2004

I need to listen when Jake tells me things.

He has been trying for some time now to get me to come out and see and his roommate's band, Moffit. So I did, and they were great. I also got to see Jake perform, which I always enjoy.

I had an idea for something while at the show, but I didn't have anything to write with so I forgot what it was. I'm sure it'll come to me. Or maybe it won't, and it'll get to live forever in the Land of Forgotten Ideas. I'm sure it will be in good company.

I also thought of something while I was running today. It is also forgotten.

The problem with running now is that I run for too long. When I started at the beginning of the month, I was running for about 20 minutes. That amount of time is good for cultivating my head until a seed of an idea falls in the right spot.

Then I increased my time up to 40 minutes, which is also good. My pancake story was almost completely cooked up during one such 40 minute period. I just scribbled down the skeleton of it as soon as I ran into the house.

But now I've been running for an hour, which is the perfect amount of time to have an idea and then completely forget it.

I guess what I'm saying is that I had an idea for a post tonight and now I don't.

There are worse things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.