Thursday, September 25, 2003

Today was a good day for e-mails.

I got one from my sister in Mexico. I miss her a lot. But at least I know she's having a good time in typical Lopez fashion. (Let's just say that Corona's and Dos XX's aren't exactly hard to come by down there.)

I also got a letter from Marie, who I met last Spring Break. (I mention her at the very end of the post.) It should be needless to say that I was a bit excited.

And something I had found at Neil Gaiman's site that I had completely forgotten about:

Guillermo Lopez wrote:

The best bunny name ever was the brainchild of both
myself, (Guillermo Lopez) and Lauren Chapman. After
arguing fervently for several hours, we agreed to name
our bunny Mr. Nubbins.

I enjoy the service you provide immensely, and I shall
assist you in ferreting out those who misuse it.


And so when I opened up this:

Guillermo,

I'd have to agree, it's a great name. I've added the bunny ID (BID):

Mr. Nubbins

Cheers,

Murray


I was quite pleased. My intention when writing had been to immortalize Mr. Nubbins, the ill-fated fraternity bunny that Lauren Chapman and I rescued from campus on ASU.

Now there was a bunny who couldn't catch a break.

While in the fraternity, he had been smoked out, boozed up, had his leg broken, and undoubtedly had been subjected to being called something lame like "Rabbit-Dude."

I won't bore you with the details of how Lauren and I infiltrated the fraternity and then seduced and pummelled (respectively) Mr. Nubbins' way to freedom.

My old roommate, Phill, was a bit surprised to come home and find a bunny living in a make-shift pen in the kitchen of our apartment.

But Mr. Nubbins, with a combination of his wacky, up-beat view of life and his breed-or-die philosophy, fit right in with us and Phill knew it.

Now there was a rabbit that could hit a beer-bong with the best of 'em.

And I know Mr. Nubbins is twitching his nose down at us right now from that big, warm, green, lush, Bunny Graveyard in the sky.

And just out of curiosity, does anyone know what Lauren Chapman is up to? She'd want to know about this. Actress, sings, dances, teaches dances...anyone?

If you have any information, let me know. For Mr. Nubbins' sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.