Friday, August 08, 2003

Dear Guillermo,

Welcome to Unemployment-ville. Population: You.

Indifferently,

Your Former Employer


Ah, well. It's not such a bad place, really, and I hear there is plenty to drink there.

But did it have to take them 13 days to fire me? They claimed to have used that time to investigate the matter, but I had flat-out told them from the beginning that I had broken the rules. Maybe they didn't believe me at first. Good thing they've come around and decided to finally trust me.

The meeting was brief.

And I was in a surprisingly good mood when I went in to meet my fate. No matter what they told me at that point, I would have been satisfied. I think it threw off my boss and his assistant to see me grinning like a fool. (During previous meeting I had acted appropriately chagrined.) I knew there was no horror they could inflict upon me worse than what I had already imagined.


I can't be too worried at the moment. I had been unemployed (for the first time in over two years) for less than a 8 hours and I had already been offered a couple of jobs. I didn't even ask. (Why would I? Who wants to work?) I know all is not lost. I should be happy that I have so much.

Why, I still have all my bills. Bless them, I know they won't leave me anytime soon.

My emergency savings had taken a staggering blow during my little California adventure. I'm almost down to my emergency emergency savings, which is basically a big jar half-filled with change.

So I'm doing what anyone would do at this crucial juncture in determining their future. I'm going to Rocky Point for a couple of days. Find my spirit animal. Then, enlist it's help in killing "Evil Guillermo." We don't think we'll will miss him. Sure, he does think up most of our jokes, but he also drinks most of our beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.