Thursday, August 15, 2024

movies and car repair

Just got back from Alien: Romulus. I enjoyed it. I do love a good space station. The sets were really cool, and I wanted to hang out or climb around in most of those places. Except without the aliens. They're definitely still the perfect jerks. 

They built full-size animatronics of the aliens and I am hunting eBay now to see if maybe a disgruntled crew member stole one and is selling it. Probably not, but if they do I'll be ready. 

There were some lovely shots of space stuff. Flying through dense atmospheres, debris, and planetary rings. Except there's a part where they're all worried about crashing into the rings, which is not how that works at all. 

Other than that, the science was spot-on. The facehuggers, acid for blood, gravity generators, all perfect. 

Looking forward to the weekend. More driving lessons for Ender, and we can replace the stripping on the Yaris windows. 

I bought original manufacturer parts for it that cost about 45 bucks each, but that was before I sold it to him and maybe I'll just use the cheap stuff that works almost as well that is roughly ten dollars for a roll that can cover a football field. 

I'm a bit of a snob when it's parts for my car, but he's a teenager and this is his first car; almost literally since he's been riding in it since he was a baby. 

Yeah as long as it keeps the water away from the electronics, I'm sure it will be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, topic suggestions, and your vote for worst sentence can be made here: