Thursday, July 04, 2024

Fourth of July, 2024

I'm afraid to download Steam again. I have an account, somewhere, from years ago. My memories from that time are a bit hazy. There may have been one specific game I wanted to play when I installed it, but I was soon lost in a sea of sci-fi space shooters and tower defense games. 

I was staying up way too late and devoting all my free time to the games. I loved them. 

But as I struggle with moderation, I had to uninstall it and my life returned to normal. I was blowing up no more space ships, and erecting no more defensive towers. Oh yeah there was this word game my friend made that was really fun; I played the hell out of that. 

I may have to install Steam again. I hear good things about this Stardew Valley game. 

I've still been playing games, just while walking on the treadmill. Come to think of it, I've been walking a whole lot lately. Like three hours a day. 

I have trouble with moderation. 

One day I'm gonna need to walk really far, and I'm gonna be ready. 

Today is the Fourth of July, a holiday I don't really celebrate. I'm not Patriotic; I'm not sure what I am. I was in the Army. I don't care if people don't stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, and I generally don't. I also don't wear any kind of American Flag clothing. Because I don't view the flag as a decoration. I also don't care if people burn the flag. 

Again, I'm not sure what I am. 

The fireworks have mostly subsided. People in the neighborhood began setting them off before the sun went all the way down. Also a lot of us have to work tomorrow, I imagine. When the holiday is on a weekend, those things go off all night. 

I'm gonna go to bed and do what I always do. Put on my sleepy-time headband headphones, put on a classic scary story, and think of you until I fall asleep. 

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, topic suggestions, and your vote for worst sentence can be made here: