Friday, July 09, 2021

It was a normal day in the old internet world yesterday. My game was working and I was happy. I walked at 15% incline and hit a blazing walking speed of 3.8 miles per hour. Didn't even have to take a break. I'm feeling pretty good. 

I think that I'm finally over the hump, so to speak, of this exercise thing. I've found a sustainable daily exercise routine that I look forward to doing, and even enjoy. I'm also at the point where the pain is quite low overall. Which is great because I assumed getting older meant everything would just hurt more and more forever.

This week off will likely have quite an impact on me, but it doesn't have to. It can be good to take a break. Some actual muscle recovery, you say? Could be cool...

I've been having interesting conversations on the Twitch stream sessions. I've was called "wholesome", which I found very amusing. I prefer to think of myself as sort of half-Zen. I try to be aware of my own thoughts, state of mind, and even strive for a certain level of emotional self-control. I also get fussy and grumpy and righteous and yell about things. The difference now is that I have a context for what I used to consider "negative" emotions. I don't feel bad for having them, or even acting on them, as long as I don't rely on them as the primary source. I want to be able to do what I want to do, as well as feel however I feel. I'd say balance but they're not opposites; more like different propellers on a boat. You can some pretty cool stuff with two independent propellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.