Thursday, May 06, 2021

"Sometimes I can't believe it/ I'm moving past the feeling" - The Suburbs by Arcade Fire

I enjoy the band, but I hate the mental image of an arcade on fire. I love arcades.

Birthday coming up. I'll be 39 years old. How interesting. I started this blog when? Was I twenty-something? Hilarious. Try the new middle-aged Guillermo, now with 30% less torment! Get yours today!

Overall I feel good. Okay physical shape. Aches and pains, but I've always had those. Sure, now I get them when I haven't been doing anything, but pain is pain. All those motorcycle crashes and impromptu marathons will catch up to a person eventually.

Didn't I mean to learn how to play the banjo at some point? Note to self: find out if anyone makes a banjo video game simulator. Banjo Hero. That's right, I meant to specialize in sad banjo playing. Mournful banjo dirges. Lugubrious plucking of a funny instrument. I like the incongruity. 

I wonder how long I'll live? Just out of curiosity. My life has been great and I've seen such beautiful things and loved (and been loved by!) such wonderful people. There are lots of things I'm sad about, certainly, and I know I've hurt people too. If a person would be happy that I'm dead, then I'm happy for them. Oh and the food! The food has been amazing. 

Maybe it's the combination of my birthday coming up and shaving my dad's head. He and my mom are both over 70. I mean, if I get another 30 years that would be pretty interesting. What the heck would I even do? Read books and troll people on the internet, obviously, but besides that. 

Oh that's right, the banjo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.