Monday, May 03, 2021

My habits are falling apart. Must repair them. I think. It's also been nice just doing whatever I want. However, the freedom I crave will come as a result of the effort I put in today. So no procrastination. Do the work daily, do whatever I want the rest of the time. Simple.

Plus it's almost my birthday. I'll take a break that day. 

The puppies keep trying to eat the new bamboo plants, so I purchased five puppy pens and placed them around each bamboo clump to protect them. I looked at garden fencing, and the nice metal panels would have cost much more than just getting the puppy pens. And hey, now I have an excuse to get five more puppies.

I did a lot this weekend. Hung out with Bianca, Cobe, and Brian. Also took the twins out for lunch as a thank-you for dog-sitting. Went over to Emma and Chris's on Saturday evening. They were playing Magic: The Gathering (draft tournament) and I enjoyed seeing the neat new mechanics and card art, but I did not play. Still refuse to give any more of my money to the game. I'll just play other people's decks if they want to test them out. Equally fun, and I don't have to blame myself if I lose...it's clearly their deck-building that is wrong. 

I think what initially messed me up in my habit of working out was the server issues with Titanfall 2, my online multiplayer FPS game. It's the fighting that keeps me walking along on my treadmill, and when I kept getting kicked out of matches it was extremely frustrating. In that game, I can lose all by myself, thank you, and I pride myself on never quitting matches. Even when my team is getting pummeled and people start bailing and suddenly it's 2 vs 6, I still fight. 

Harness my inner contrarian powers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.