Monday, March 01, 2021

It's another beautiful day. Feels like the beach. A beach of doom! Which is just as nice as any beach can be, except for the end bit.

I'm wary of my music preferences algorithms. Sometimes the app says "Hey, listen! It's your favorite song, want to hear it?" And I'm like "I don't recognize this song." There was never anyone explicitly saying that the algorithm wasn't also trained to lie to you. Beep bop boop, you should like this because I say so, beep bop boop.

And now I move on to other things. There are futures to consider. 

I haven't checked the political news website today. I checked my regular news feed, and NPR of course. I let that be enough. There's a wariness that comes with not paying attention to the minutiae and other day-to-day bickering. And yet, it's nice to have a general unease instead of the specific sampler platter of anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.