Tuesday, June 17, 2008



"Certainly in a period when masters are many, one must put forth considerable effort. But at the time when the world is sliding into decline, to excel is easy."
-Way of the Warrior


Like all men, I suppose, I seek strength and recognition. The two must exist together for a time, but after that only one is needed, as it will make up for the other.

At times I ponder over the need for a gun. In my years, I have never needed one. In the news I hear of plans for nuclear weapons being passed out like Halloween candy and I wonder, what manner of warrior would I be with a gun? An ant warrior, with a fierce bite, but hardly enough to matter if I battle anything other than ants. There are giants among us, with power enough to melt my gun and carbonize my body long before I could ever come within firing range.

And now a couple of Swiss bankers have that knowledge and they've not been stingy with it. If I have the right to bear arms, why not nuclear? I could put up a sign in front of my house "Warning: Mutually Assured Destruction" to deter thieves and religious solicitors. Well, perhaps not Jehovah's Witnesses. I think their beliefs are founded on exactly that sort of thing.

No, I will abandon my search for power through traditional weaponry and continue working on my Funk Bomb. When activated, it will cause Mutually Assured Dancing, with an awesomeness radius that will cause shimmying and jiving for miles around the blast site, making it impossible to get anything done in that area for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.