Thursday, May 04, 2006

"Having never done anything illegal in his life, he was startled to understand, all of a sudden, that a ruthless constabulary was a crucial resource to more imaginative sorts of criminals, such as himself."

-The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson

Great book so far.

Ah, the marathon draws near. I am now entering that holiest of times before a race in which I have full license to devour any complex carbohydrates that come within a 15 foot radius of me.

Not that I didn't really before, but I usually asked first, and I was polite about it. Now I just stuff my face and if pressed I gesture towards my Gurg Gorging Permit which is a yellow half-sheet of paper that I taped to my chest. It also doubles as a bib.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.