Thursday, February 23, 2006



I can't really handle news like this.

It is an intellectual blind spot. I understand all the stuff around it, I see the spot where something could go, I can even look right at the blind spot, but that's as far as I get.

How am I supposed to understand a computer that is both off and on? I shall have to get one, I suppose. Then I shall have to create a post that is neither published nor unpublished, but exists in some kind of "superpublication." This will be a great victory for me as I can finally do what I am still failing to accomplish: Become a writer that is writing all the time and yet never writing at all.

Wait, I think there is already a term for that. The term is "hack."

Chemistry lab is calling me...I must go to it.

I had another lab this day. It was for my history of biology class and we worked with hydra, those wacky plant/animals in pond water that can regenerate like their mythical namesake. They're too small for me to engage them in any sort of epic battle, but I'm sure they could do some damage if I ingested them.

In my lab notebook, I've gone a different route and am writing up the experiment from the perspective of the hydra I have named "Ishmael." Ishmael's day did not go well. He was just swimming along and then some asshole cut him in half. But he's a trooper. Just keep swimming along. With his...one good tentacle.

Pray for Ishmael.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.