Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I've just received free pizza and I've chosen to convert the Calories into thoughts. I use Calorie with a capital C to denote a kilocalorie, not those dinky little gram calories.

The free pizza was delicious. It gives me energy to...get more pizza? Yes, that sounds right.

I spent some time before class actually getting some work done and not running around the blogs, livejournals, myspaces, and facebooks in a frantic attempt to convince myself that I am not alone.

I noticed that I felt a bit lonely as I lay down for bed last night. I set aside the fact that I was physically alone and wondered what was different than all the other nights I've been going to bed alone. I concluded that it was because my room was cleaner than average and all the open floor area was throwing me off. I wrote a bit in my journal. I felt comforted by seeing the entry I had made the night before. Not for what it said, just that it was there. When I come across something I wrote I feel, however irrationally, that phew, I'm still here.

I haven't done much in the way of actual creative writing since my class ended. I've just dipped my toe into the real world and avoided trying to come up with my own. It's an odd feeling this time, playing around in my journal. I feel as if I'm suddenly dating someone who I used to date a long time ago. I don't know.

I'll start out by just writing out the alphabet but assigning a word to each letter: Armadillo Bravo Chuckwagon Doris Encounter Frolic Grail Hypotenuse Ichor Joule Kite Ladmo Music Nary Ossified Pancake Quiet Rustic Salamander Tonnage Urchin Violin Wall-eyed Xylophone Yelp Zero.

I figure that in time certain trends will appear. Looking back over the past few evenings, I think I have a small obsession with xylophone and xenon. Perhaps it's because I can't think of much else that starts with X.

And now it's time for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.