Tuesday, October 19, 2004


The other night I pulled into my neighborhood around 2 am and I saw four
young adults attempting to break into a vehicle.  Thefts from automobiles
are not uncommon around here.  I called the police.

I spoke to the dispatcher and answered all her questions.  I told her that
none of them had seemed to care that I had driven right by them, which is
unusual for people caught in the act.  She assured me that thieves are
"very bold."

I thought back to Rogue and Vagabond Training School...

"If you do not act like you're doing anything wrong," my old, grizzled,
ninja/pirate instructor had said to me,  "People will not think you're
doing anything wrong."

The dispatcher informed me that two police cars and a helicopter were on
their way.

Ten minutes later, she called me back to tell me that, in fact, the car had
belonged to one of the four guys.

Now I know how the Patriot Act must feel...

5 comments:

  1. guillermo i have not seen you in forever! i miss you! something must be done about this a-s-a-p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corporal Jamie reporting after a long absence. When did you hire a redecorator?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurg dad in jaill love your bro luisclopez

    ReplyDelete
  4. gurg he is in jailluislopez

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read this one three times now. Where's the beef?

    ANd by beef I mean new material. :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.