Thursday, July 22, 2004

"That tugged at my heartstrings like the inaugural voyage of an ocean liner that nobody remembered to untie from the dock."

-from The Metaphor Wars between Jaclyn and Guillermo.
 
(Yes, I know that's a simile.  That's probably why I'm losing.)
 
The Postal Service Blues

Maybe all the music I'm listening to is altering my mood.  After all, music does affect the moods of people.

I always think of a pot of boiling water on a stove.  Turn the right knob, transfer some heat energy, and the water starts rolling and bubbling.

With music, you spin the right record, transfer some sound energy and people start bouncing, flailing, shimmying, shouting along.

I don't think it really brings out anything that isn't already there, though.  I think it can build upon emotions that are already present in some form.

Throw some salt in a  pot of water and it needs more energy to get it boiling.

Throw a few experiences of injustice by the government into a crowd and it takes much less Rage Against The Machine to get them jumping.

I'm not sure what I'm talking about anymore, but for some reason I really want some pasta. 
 
"And I am finally seeing why I was the one worth leaving/"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.