Wednesday, June 23, 2004

So I get home about an hour ago, I take a shower, and decide to get something to eat.

I finish my dinner and wash my hands. My hands dripping, I see that the hand towels are not hanging out where they usually do. I curse under my breath and begin to check some of the nearby drawers. Nothing.

"Where are all the bloody towels in this house?" I mutter.

Then I realize I'm wearing one.

When I had gotten out of the shower, I had just wrapped my towel around my waist and then hit the kitchen. (I like to think I'm a guy that has his priorities straight: Get clean, get food, get pajama-jams, then get asleep.)

I felt a little foolish. Good thing no one will ever...D'oh!

* * * *

It's interesting how I find myself influenced by events that occur great distances away.

A lawyer in Pennsylvania confuses the number 2 with the number 7 and I, in Arizona, spend an extra 15 minutes hunting through databases for the correct identification number.

Then a Dana in England posts about Coldplay and the next day I throw in A Sudden Rush Of Blood To The Head and rock all the way to work.

Hmm...I'll take it.

* * * * *

Lights go out and I can't be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
You've put me down upon my knees
Oh I beg, I beg and plead (singing)
Come out of things unsaid, shoot an apple of my head (and a)
Trouble that can't be named, tigers waiting to be tamed (singing)
You are, you are

Confusion never stops, closing walls and ticking clocks (gonna)
Come back and take you home, I could not stop, that you now know (singing)
Come out upon my seas, curse missed opportunities (am I)
A part of the cure, or am I part of the disease (singing)

You are [x6]
And nothing else compares
Oh no nothing else compares
And nothing else compares

You are [continues in background]
Home, home, where I wanted to go [x4]

-Clocks

Sometimes I wonder how much music would matter to a person that never knew anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.