Wednesday, June 30, 2004



I said goodbye to Sky last night. (He's the one I'm butting heads with.) He's off to rock some socks in New York. I don't know when I'll see him again.

I didn't make it home from his going-away party until 4 am. It was surprisingly easy to get up for work at 7 am. I even woke up a little early.

I feel good. A wee bit melancholy, but still pretty good. I don't know what changed last night; I don't even know if whatever it is will last. But I have this nagging feeling that I'm not quite the same.

I think I put the old Guillermo to sleep. I think I understand that I've been having the time of my life being, in essence, a big kid. I think I'm ready to grow a little more. I'll still be able to play, just not all the time. I'll still be able to scale buildings in the middle of the night with Donovan, go rappelling with Danny, dance at the club with Lauren and Mai, and zip down to Mexico or Las Vegas or San Francisco or even New York.

Once I finish my homework, then I can go play.

Of course, I may just be ridiculously fatigued and gibbering nonsense. I guess I'll see.

I'm here at work. The computers are mostly down, but Blogger is mysteriously still functional. I'm listening to The Format. "Trying to find truth in words and rhymes and notes/ All the things I wish I wrote/"

Towards the end of her life, Ayn Rand told her close friend Leonard Peikoff, "I don't know how I survived yesterday not knowing what I did today."

I feel that way, too. It's not something that causes me too much worry. It just makes me want to wipe my brow and say "Whew, that was close."

I came home yesterday after work. I was exhausted. My cousins were over. The littlest one, Tamara, is finally learning how to walk. She toddled precariously over and put up her arms to be held. I picked her up. Nicole, the elder cousin (who has been able to walk for some time) also wanted to be picked up.

I was standing there, my satchel still slung over my shoulder, holding my two cousins, Luis was trying to tell me about the movie we rented, and my dog (the Noobers) was nipping at my heels to get my attention.

It was good to be home.

Hey, the computers are working! Now I can get back to work! Woo hoo.

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.