Tuesday, June 29, 2004



I'm tired of all the scraps of paper around my bed. I'm going to throw some of them on here and then throw them away.

Lines of Dialogue

"Because you don't, right? I'm an almost complete stranger. There is absolutely no reason for you to trust me. The only thing I have on my side is that little voice inside your head telling you that I'm "The One". But that voice isn't enough because it's told you this before and been devastatingly wrong.

So, after all the analysis, all the calculations, all the agonizing deliberation, it still comes down to how much you want something against how much you're afraid you'll get it."

The nice thing about writing dialogue is that you can be a lot looser with the grammar, pauses, sentence structure, even word choice...as long as you know someone that actually talks like that.

In A Scrawl Usually Denoting Intoxication

It is likely that God had not a pen and paper next to him when he opened his eyes and saw next to him his sleeping world. It must have broken his heart to lean over and whisper softly "Awake." And when his tears he could hold back no longer, he wept and flooded this earth. For love. It was all because of love.

She has a very practical heartbeat.

The nice thing about writing while drunk is that you can be a lot looser with the grammar, pauses, sentence structure, even spelling and capitalization...as long as you know that nobody is actually going to read it.

Good Humour

or

The Sun Is Rising So Lighten Up

Teacher: Excuse me, Timmy, what did I just say?

Timmy: Huh? Oh, I think it was something about selling bags of crushed chalk to cocaine addicts to supplement your meager salary.

Teacher: Why you little...

This was inspired by my biology teacher in high school. She didn't like me because I would talk when she was talking. I only did it because she didn't like me. But, she would ask random questions of me seemingly with the intent to embarrass me. I usually knew the answer, which, instead of taking as a sign that she was doing a good job teaching, she took as a sign that I was trying to be a smart-ass.

She was right.


More Lines of Dialogue

or

Oh, Snap!

"I did not mourn before I met her. Why should I mourn her now that she is gone?"

"That is foolishness. There is a time and place for grieving. What's more, you did mourn her before you met her. Or are you forgetting the pile of composition notebooks under your bed?"

"So, you did read them?"

"Only a few pages. So yes, essentially all of them."

Well, that takes care of a few of the notes. Although, at some point I'm going to have to start on the actual notebooks, since this blog is still where I store the majority of the stuff I've written. Stylish and functional, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.