Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Dear Advice Girl,

I bought my beau a stellar Valentine's Day present. It's a cute new wallet that can holds tons of pictures of me. It's great because he'll be able to show everyone what I look like when he talks about me, which I totally know is like 24-7. I couldn't believe it when I dropped by his apartment and saw the new wallet just sitting on the counter not already full of pictures of me! He said he still wants to use his old wallet for a while, but I think he's scammin'. What should I do?

- Presently Befuddled



Dear Befuddled,

I completely understand your situation. It's always tough when you get a guy a gift and he's incapable of getting over the fact that he already has one. Why can't men just show some appreciation for once in their lives? Would it really kill them? Would it? Them? Really? Kill?

The exact same thing happened to me this Valentine's Day. There's this special guy out there that really loves me, so I decided to do something special for him. He didn't call me on Valentine's Day. Well, he's never actually called me ever, but you know how boys are. So forgetful.

I bought him a car stereo that I found while I was working part-time at my uncle's pawn shop. I didn't want to stop with his gift and have him not be home so I waited until 3 in the morning when I knew he'd be there.

As I walked up with his gift, I passed by his car parked on the street and I saw to my sadness that he already had a car stereo. Now that just wouldn't do. My stereo didn't have most of the features that his did, but it did have the most important feature of all: Love.

Lucky for me I had a brick in my pocket so I smashed the car window and went to work. Lucky for me I had my monkey wrench in my other pocket.

I really don't know anything about removing or installing car stereos, but I think I was doing pretty well. All sorts of stuff was coming apart. But then, someone shouted and I had to run away so I wouldn't ruin the surprise.

I'll try again as soon as I heal a little more. That glass will really cut you up pretty good.

So my advice to you is to wear thick, heavy protective gloves when you give him your present next time.

Or, steal his wallet. You see, sometimes you have to make your man appreciate you. Don't be discouraged. He will.

He will.

-Advice Girl


E-mail Advice Girl at: theonlyadvicegirl@yahoo.com
Visit Advice Girl at her blog.

Note from Gurg: Please e-mail her. The busier she is answering e-mails, the safer I feel. She can't do as much damage sitting at a computer. Right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.