Thursday, January 29, 2004

There's only one way to unwind after only four hours of sleep and a long day of school, work, and evading stalkers:

Laser Challenge.

For those of you who do not know what Laser Challenge is, I shall explain. Each player wears sensor packs on their front and their back. Each player has a weapon that harnesses the awesome power of light amplification by stimulated emission
of radiation (or "laser"). Actually, I think the mechanism in the guns are more along the lines of a remote control.

Thus, armed and clad, you proceed to run around like fools until the rest of the players' chest packs light up to signal that they are hit and/or dead.

And the units we have are completely portable, so we can play anywhere.

And I do mean anywhere.





Pitch Black 3: Riddick In College

Trevor, Chuck, Lauren, and I suited up and played in a plastic playground paradise known as the Boys and Girls Club Multi-Generational Center. It was quite intense.

My giant gun was rather unwieldy and not at all suited for close-quarters combat. The pistoleros, Chuck and Trevor, were tough opponents. Lauren also had a big gun, and fought admirably.

I feel much better now. I'm still exhausted and paranoid, but now I feel like I can take on the world....as long as it's wearing one of the sensor packs.

Friendly Advice

So, this girl in my journalism class wants to do an advice column. I raised an eyebrow when I heard that. What kind of advice would she be giving to the poor, naive, youth of my campus?

Dear Advice Girl,

I totally like a guy and I totally don't know how to like, let him know that I like him, you know? Like, what should I like, do?

Sincerely,

Likely Unliked


Dear Likely,

Guys like to feel wanted, so you should call him many, many, times a day. They also hate to sleep, so make sure you call during the hours in which he might have succumbed to the temptation of slumber. He'll thank you for it. If that doesn't work, pretend you're trying to lift something very heavy into the back of a van. When he offers to help, wait till he is inside the back of the van, club him over the head, lock the doors, and drive to your shack in the desert. Chain him there and deprive him of food and water until he admits that he has loved you all along! In my experience, this takes a couple weeks, but that'll still be just in time for Valentine's Day!

-Advice Girl.

Eck, I'm going to give myself nightmares. I had better send in a letter of my own, before it's too late.

Dear Advice Girl,

My problem is that this girl keeps calling me all the time and completely ignores my straight-forward statements expressing my desire to maintain a strictly professional relationship. This girl, in fact, is you. I guess this letter isn't so much asking for advice as telling you to back off or an expert team of discount surgeons and I will drill into your brain and remove the part that allows you to recognize who I am. And while we're in there, we just might make it so that you involuntarily slap yourself in the face every time you hear a phone ring.

Sincerely,

Tough But Fair


P.S. I'll never get that hungry or that thirsty. Ever.

Dear Tough,

Will you help me move this couch into the back of this van?

-Advice Girl

Very bad nightmares.

No, I'm just being mean at this point. She hasn't called me at all today, and she didn't even try to talk to me during class. Maybe she just takes a while to get the hint.

I don't know, though. An old saying about the calm before a storm keeps running through my mind.

There is still quite a bit of semester left.

I guess I should try to get some sleep. I'll probably need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.