Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Sleep is for the Weak.

This is my 5 am after having been up all night.

For most of you daywalkers, this is your 10:30 am, and you probably slept at some point. Probably at night.

I'm weary, but I've noticed some dust settling on my blog.

Boxing Day

I am not entirely moved in yet. Or out, for that matter. A quarter of my library, my computer desk, and my cat, Rorshak, are still hanging out with Mai and Paige.

I must finish soon, but it has been difficult.

Luis helped me pack, and I broke down the rules of packing for him.

"Luis, this box here, this is the essential box. Everything that I will need as soon as I get home goes in here." I threw in mostly toiletries. I scoured around looking for other things I absolutely needed, and did not find anything. My "essential" box had hardly anything in it. "Time to move on to the "Crap" box," I continued. "This box is for stuff that we probably won't need for a while."

The crap box filled up very, very, quickly. I had to grab a couple other boxes.

Luis would grab stuff and stuff and ask "Essential box?"

I would answer, "Uh, no, crap box."

And that's how it went.

So now I have boxes of stuff lying around and I've forgotten what's in them but I know that whatever is in there I don't need and I'm afraid to open them again.

I'm really happy right now having nothing in my room but a bed, some clothing, some books, and my laptop. Internet connection would be nice, but I guess I'll just have to deal with walking over to the family computer.

But I'm going to have to open those boxes soon. Perhaps I should just throw them away, and pretend that they were all lost in a fire or something and I was forced to start anew.

I will keep my fire escape ladder. I never know when I'll play laser tag at Garrett's house and have to use it to climb out the second story window again.

Get Naked and Start the Revolution

There was no midnight showing of Matrix. There was a seven am showing, however. Brian Y., my older brother Miguel, and I made it in time, but the theater was pretty full. The only seats left were in the front row. I was all for it, but Miguel and Brian wisely figured that this was not a movie to be seen from the front row.

We exchanged our tickets for the eight am showing. We then walked over to Krispy Kreme and got donuts and hot chocolate.

We ate the donuts and drank the chocolate in the relative comfort of the movie theater.

We did not discuss sordid international love affairs.

We all enjoyed the film.

Back to the Grinding Stone

I work in a few hours. I'm going to go to sleep and then do that. But first, I'm going to ignore some more boxes.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.