Friday, November 07, 2003

Apparently I can survive without writing every day. Hmm. If you call this surviving.

It's a good thing I took some notes today.

Weakness does not storm the gates, but drips in along the eaves of comfort.

I'm still adjusting to living at home. Which is understandable, seventeen months is a long time when you're still young and foolish.

The other day I woke up. My mom was already home from work for some reason. This wasn't incredibly zany, since it was three in the afternoon. I stumble out all groggy and bleary, and she says jokingly, "Good morning! Would you like some breakfast?"

I muttered something unintelligible and stumbled to the shower. Nothing like a warm shower to wake you up on a cold afternoon.

Whatever I had muttered must have sounded like a resounding "Yes!" to my mom, because when I came out of the shower there was a big plate of eggs, some carne asada steak, and a glass of juice set out on the table.

Sweet.

While I was eating breakfast, my mom asked, "I'm doing a load of dark clothes, do you have any you need washed."

"Mmph hmm," I tried to answer.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." I guess she understood that I had meant "yes" again, because she went to my room, grabbed my hamper, and started doing my laundry.

Super sweet.

If things keep going like this, I'll soon achieve my life-long dream of weighing three hundred pounds and wearing un-wrinkled clothes.

RIP Matt the Fish

My little brother, Luis, greeted me at the door last night with a big hug and some sad news: "Matt died."

For a brief moment I felt a surge of panic, since I know about four Matts. Then I remembered. "Oh, your fish? Where is he, is he still in the tank?"

"Naw, I took him outside."

I was a bit thrown off by how calm he appeared to be taking everything. In fact, he was acting consoling towards me. He showed me where he had put the fish outside. It was by where we had buried his other fish. I went and got the shovel.

"They were good pets," Luis said, more fondly than anything, as I buried Matt the fish. Then he told me about the time that Lita had stolen Matt's share of the fish-food one morning while Matt was still asleep.

I had laughed, and Luis had laughed too.

Water Cooler Banter

Shannon and I were talking at work the other day, and somehow the conversation turned to "people confessing their love."

"I don't think I've ever actually confessed my love to anyone," I admitted.

"Well, you should!" she scolded playfully, "Make someone else feel good for once!"

Touche'. "Eh, I'll think about it," I promised.

She wasn't convinced.

Neither was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.