Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Some have said:

"Lenina suddenly felt all the sensations normally experienced at the beginning of a Violent Passion Surrogate treatment- a sense of dreadful emptiness, a breathless apprehension, a nausea. Her heart seemed to stop beating."

-Brave New World by Alduous Huxley


"Another thing that got forgotten was the fact that against all probability a sperm whale had suddenly been called into existence several miles above the surface of an alien planet [...]This is a complete record of its thought from the moment it began its life till the moment it ended it.

[...] And wow! Hey! what's this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very, very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide-sounding name like...ow...ound...round...ground! That's it! That's a good name- ground!

I wonder if it will be friends with me?

And the rest, after a sudden wet thud, was silence."


-The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams


"Cobwebs touched my face with the softness of moths. Wrapping my black coat round me like my own sweet shadow, I unscrewed the bottle of pills and started taking them swiftly, between gulps of water, one by one by one."


-The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath


"And then he was a shrieking blaze, a jumping, sprawling giberring mannikin, no longer human or known, all writhing flame on the lawn as Montag shot one continuous pulse of liquid fire on him. There was a hiss like a great mouthful of spittle banging a red-hot stove, a bubbling and frothing as if salt had been pured over a monstrous black snail to cause a terrible liquefaction and a boiling over of yellow foam."

-Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury


"So lock the kids up safe tonight
Put the eyes in the cupboard
I've got the smell of a local man
Who's got the loneliest feeling

That either way he turns
I'll be there
Open up your skull
I'll be there

Climbing up the walls
Climbing up the walls
Climbing up the walls"


-OK Computer, Radiohead


I just say: I'm not feeing well.

* * * * *

Having trouble writing your own bad poetry? Have you been contemplating composing crap as awful as this:

Randomly Generated
by Guillermo Lopez (sort of)

A breathless apprehension,
a whole lot and you. Wish I so
that I, just calling the
parking lot to you,
call hands to the screen...and
you,
not really
knowing you're precious? LOL!

I am getting all stripped down in the Scrivening
Room! Let us scramble
to fully
appreciate.

I realized what reason is
small, down-right diminutive.

And in
all the odd
instance when I had you to
try to fully appreciate, I found me
and at last.


Here is a site that can help you take it to a whole new level...using your own website to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.