Saturday, June 14, 2003

Stranded...Part II

My pool-side celebration was short-lived. After only one beer the mechanic called back to inform me that the tensioner was also going. In fact, it may have caused the timing belt to break in the first place. The tensioner is a fist-sized disc that is pretty much a big bearing, much like in your rollerblades or skateboards. But this bearing is nowhere to be found in the area. It must be special-ordered. If all goes as planned the part will be in on Saturday. However, the odds of the car being repaired on Saturday are almost nil. Sunday the garage is closed. So that leaves Monday as my next possible window to get home. I am avoiding getting my hopes up.

Alan and Lauren had to be home as soon as possible. They took a Greyhound bus and arrived safely last night. Nunemacher and Kate caught a ride with one of Kate's friends who owed her a favor. I have not been updated on their status. They should have arrived this morning.

I am missing my little brother's birthday party. Tomorrow I will miss Father's Day. I'm also missing about 26 hours of work, plus the shift I will probably miss on Monday.

But tomorrow I may get to see Annie Melchor. That will be good. And a weekend in LA with Brian Goldstein, the both of us 21 now, isn't the worst thing that could possibly happen.

I'm feeling a bit uneasy, but I am not in any kind of dire situation. The car will get fixed, I'll get home, in a few days it will be as if it had never been.

Except for these pictures of the trip, of course.



Alan and Kate doing their part to destroy the environment..For A Better Tomorrow.




Andrew only had a couple of bucks on him.




Things begin to look up...




The original game was to get the popper thing on Lauren's nose instead of the beer pitcher.




Schuler wakes up and realizes that he is still in California.




Breakfast is served. Note that most of us are wearing Brian's clothes.




Before the phone call. Notice the full beer. After the phone call, the rest of that six-pack didn't stand a frikkin' chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.