Wednesday, February 26, 2003

I apologize for being cryptic. It was late, I was tired, and being vague is an easy way to avoid revealing my actual thoughts. I'll try to be more aware of that.

I miss my younger brother, Donaldo. He's off in Kuwait. He joined the Army a year and a half ago. I had fled the military within a year of enlisting and I've been wondering what is taking him so long to do the same. I guess Uncle Sam learned that you really have to keep an eye on those Lopez boys, especially when you're not watching them.

Something unsettling that I realized as I was driving/hydroplaning through the streets today: I got out of the Army on a technicality and received a general discharge. However, I can be activated again for up to TEN YEARS after being discharged. I hope that doesn't happen, I'm running out of loopholes.

I don't fear going to war. I'm all for layin' the smack down on Iraq. But I don't like to have my time wasted, at least not by anyone other than myself. There have been troops sitting in Camp New Jersey for many months, just waiting around and counting grains of sand. And I discovered that I am very easily brain-washed. Just like a bull, once that ring is in my nose...

I don't think they have railroad tracks in the Carribbean, not within stumbling distance anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.