Monday, February 24, 2003

We Hatesss It #1: People who put things in quotation marks as if someone else had really said them.

"There's the right thing to do, the wrong thing to do, and then there's what I'll probably end up doing."

I'm going on this cruise. Trevor pointing out that cruises have buffets really closed my ears to all other arguments.

I have been working at a group home for the past 5 months providing living assistance to people with developmental disabilites. The people I work with are schizophrenic, bipolar, and mentally retarded. It's usually fairly relaxed. It can get pretty interesting, but as long as you keep your sense of humor it's fun. This Sunday I worked from 8 am to midnight. That's my usual Sunday shift. So, I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not free to hang out on Sundays.

I enjoy my work mostly because I am incredibly interested in how to deal with people. My theory about human beings is still holding at this level; People won't do what they don't want to do. I mean that in a literal sense, because you could say that people don't want to work, but they do. Many people don't want to work per se, they want money, which requires work. Following that chain of desire to the end goal is very helpful. All you have to do then is remind a person that they are doing what they want.

The most interesting thing about people to me is that they actually kill themselves. No other animal in nature does that that I am aware of, and if they do, certainly not to the extent that humans do. Certainly a strong argument for the Nurture side. I guess it's not much, but it's a start. Hell, the majority of us are killing ourselves in some little way.

Are there social rules about blogging that I should be filled in on? After perusing through some other ones, I have had to stifle the urge to jump on the backs of some of their topics and ride them over to my blog. Would that be okay as long as they didn't have a direct link to your blog? And if it isn't, what if they had a link to a link to your blog?

I don't feel well. I think I've been trying to ignore what I know it is.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.