Thursday, September 30, 2021

It's a beautiful day. The morning was cloudy and cool; it felt like I was near an ocean. The bamboo I tied up to try to straighten is doing okay, and more shoots are coming up also. So much I don't know about these plants. 

When Kelly and I went to the zoo, we noticed many species of bamboo growing all over. It seems to be one of the dominant sources of plant life for our beloved desert zoo. I noticed that most of the time, it was growing in soil that looked, to me, like regular desert dirt, which is in most of my backyard. We got good soil and planted the bamboo in that, and I thought since the rest of our yard is dirt, the bamboo wouldn't really spread on its own. The zoo-grown bamboo leads me to believe otherwise. Our bamboo at home is clumping, so it should be easy to control. 

-Final entry, before the bamboo grew rampant and took over the world

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.