Monday, January 15, 2018

Where am I going what am I doing how did I get here?

Spent the weekend tinkering with the house. I'm not one for home improvement. My bathroom faucet still leaks, my shower handle needs to be replaced, and I think a family of capybara is nesting under the foundation. I did, however, do this:


Magical as heck. That's over the archway from the living room to the dining room. The other side depicts ominous ancient ruins under a moonlit night. Best of both worlds.

Ben O. came over to help me put up the curtain rod. We also watched "Planet Earth 2". We came to the conclusion that everything in Nature is messed up so we humans need to stop thinking we're somehow insulated from it. Personally my life is much more comfortable and I should enjoy not feeling physically miserable, even if there are things I'm unhappy about. I could be unhappy about it AND be freezing my ass off and starving.

That's the kind of optimist I am, I suppose. It could always be worse, until it can't, but then it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.