Monday, October 31, 2016

This Halloween I do not feel like myself. Only unusual thing this weekend was the couple of drinks I had. I guess it has been a while since I've had any alcohol. Months. It doesn't come up often enough for me to compare. Wait, last month I had a Hibiscus, cranberry juice and champagne. Just one.

People at work expressed disappointment at my lack of costume. After my elaborate costume last year, they were expecting something even more dark and sinister. I've been contemplating going up to them and whispering "You will outlive everyone you love." That would be scary. Especially if I could shed a single tear. Yes, a fortune teller. Throw some dice, flip some coins, consult some tea leaves, and then shed the tear and whisper. Unsettling at least.

I can't remember where I heard the line. I think it was Adventure Time? Somebody needed the crystal tears of a turtle. Oh, Cake the Cat making flapjacks. That was one of the ingredients she gathered.

I could try and reassure them that the fortunes aren't true because time is an illusion, but that never makes people feel better.

Blogger didn't always have the Autosave feature. I remember losing posts because the Publish failed. Doubtful that it really matters. I assume there's a regression to the mean in all things, and after ups and downs everything will start coming out roughly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.