Sunday, June 01, 2008



As well as being a self-declared unlicensed zombie hunter, I am now a replicant humanoid detective, affectionately referred to as a "Blade Runner". "Blade Runner" may not make much sense at first but when broken down it is clear that "blade" refers to any dangerous tool, such as the genetically engineered humanoids, and the "runner" part refers to when those dangerous tools quit doing their job and escape to try to realize their hopes and dreams.

Foolish humanoids.

That's where I come in. Back to the space mines, all of you! I take this new responsibility very seriously. Plus, if I get good at this it follows that I might also be good at detecting stuff about regular humans. Unlike now. Where I miss obvious stuff and fail to follow most social and cultural protocol.

I'm in zombie hunter mode right now. During my recent trip to a quiet town in the forest to visitSibbitt, I ran afoul of a young woman hell-bent on destroying us all with her molecular tinkering. She claims she was attempting to synthesize mass quantities of an anti-carcinogen found in minuscule quantities in coral reefs.

I'm not fooled.

The entire story (rather, the beginning of the story) can be found on
Sibbitt's journal, which I discovered written hastily on old, tattered paper in an abandoned room of his house which I was only able to unlock after I found The Key of Thanatos. Also with the journal was The Bullet-Proof Kilt, ammunition for a gun I don't have (but I suspect may turn up), and The Security ID Badge to a nearby bio-technology lab.

So far so good. Once I find Sibbitt we should be ready to go. I just hope he gets back soon. Judging by the suspicious ongoing "test" of the emergency broadcast system on tv, time may not be on our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.