Friday, March 23, 2007




I was going to make a comic about a character called "Emoctopus" who is an emo octopus. He'll have a frustrated expression and a little shag of hair. Also, armbands. Maybe some bandages on his wrists/tentacles.

Then I remembered that I can't draw. Also, it is a terrible idea. And to be pragmatic, it is about three am and I have to babysit my nephews all day and then build a set for a play all night. Quite a Friday.

I'm listening to Regina Spekter. She's from Russia, 26 years old, and telling me how it is. Lyrically, I mean.

This song is fun and different:



But I know that there are some people who like to take things down a notch prematurely, like Emoctopus. He would listen to this one first:



That Emoctopus is so wacky. At least, he might have been. Ah well, I guess I can throw away the notes about his misadventures. Might as well get rid of the FAQ about him, too. They mostly deal with his "hair" (it's really a splotch of ink that floats just above his head) and why an octopus would try to slit its wrists/tentacles since it can just regenerate them (to further illustrate the futility of it all).

I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.