Thursday, August 17, 2006

I picked a few random quotes fromhere that reflect some of the things I feel about stuff.

"There are people whom one loves immediately and forever. Even to know they are alive in the world with one is quite enough."

Nancy Spain

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926),

"There is nothing glorious in dying, anyone can do it."

John Lydon

"Wonder is the beginning of wisdom."

Greek Proverb

"I was born not knowing and have only had a little time to change that here and there."

Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)

"First things first, but not necessarily in that order."

Doctor Who

"The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)

"See first, think later, then test. But always see first. Otherwise you will only see what you were expecting. Most scientists forget that."

Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

"Speech is the mirror of the mind.
(Imago Animi Sermo Est)"

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

My body hurts. At work, I move hundreds of pounds of industrial equipment a day. It comes in all shapes and sizes but most are big and awkward. The problem seems to be that I am capable of manipulating more weight than my joints, tendons, and ligaments are used to dealing with.

Muscle growing faster than ligaments and tendons? I'm really starting to doubt this whole "Intelligent Design" idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.