Sunday, July 23, 2006



I quit the pet shop today. I was hoping to keep both jobs somehow, but today was the eleventh day in a row that I've worked and my souls are frayed and strands are wisping away to join passing clouds.

And there have been clouds.

It is monsoon season, and the sun often hides and hopes we on the earth do not notice the 100 degrees Fahrenheit shadows.

The house has been quiet. It hasn't affected me much, and in being un-affected I have realized how little I venture about the rest of the house. I do much of my living in my bedroom with my books and music and dvds. Nothing like a good hermitage once and again to get the blood flowing.

Work made me laugh. I was asked to log on to the company internet portal and fill out forms concerning emergency contacts, dental plans, and dependents. At one point I was instructed to log on to SAP and fill out my SIRF.

It's nice to know the corporate system that replaced the feudal one still remembers its roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.