Wednesday, April 26, 2006



I have successfully registered for the Whiskey Row Marathon on May 6th. I'm feeling pretty confident. Beno and I have been running for an average of two hours at at time at a pace between 9 and 10 minute miles. This should put us at the finish line after about four and half hours. This would be a vast improvement over my time a 18 months ago of five and half hours.

I am avoiding factoring in the higher elevation and rougher terrain of this race because...because...hmm, I seem to be mentally blocking off that information. Oh well.

The last song I heard while in my car was a Beatles song and the first song I heard when I got back in hours later was a Beatles song. This may not be a big deal to those of you with cd players and iPods, but in my car this is still a big deal.

The DJ spoke a bit about the culture of producing music back in ye olden days of Britain. Pop bands like the Beatles (yes, yes they were) were expected to produce a single every three months and an album every year. None of this "freedom to express yourself artistically in your own sweet time" attitude of today. It seemed to work. I don't know if it would work now (for some reason I think of The Offspring who steadily put out albums that sounded a lot like the previous one only worse.)

Time for class. Life is very short and there's no time for...something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.