Tuesday, March 07, 2006



My ferret is a male. I know this without a doubt because he somehow got a full beer out of the mini-fridge and had dragged it up onto the couch.

I've had this ferret for a long time and he still manages to surprise me. My sister gave him to me when she moved to Massachusetts. His name was Pookie then, but I've always called him Ferret. I've long since learned the futility of naming animals that have no interest in coming when you call them.

But, since I never learn my lesson, a few days ago I named him anyway. His name is Ferrett B612 which is a reference to Asteroid B612, the asteroid that the Little Prince lives on in the book by Antoine De Saint-Exupery.

This also means that when Ferret B612 dies, I will be obligated to launch him into space.

It's what he would have wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.