Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Start the clock at two minutes before lunch is over and....Go!

Beno said that my posts are inherently funny. Assuming that's true, then why? I've been trying to pick out what most influenced my sense of humor.

One of my greatest influences was the comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Watterson. I learned to look at things a little differently because maybe, just maybe, they weren't as ordinary as they appeared.

Today, as I was making labels for pieces of evidence at work, I picked up a bag that contained an inch-long length of metal pipe. The paperwork stated that it was a piece of defective sprinkler, but it was clear what it was. "Look!" I said to my co-worker, "A robot trachea!"

I also admired The Far Side by Gary Larson.

Comedy shows I loved to watch (when I could get away with it) were Saturday Night Live, The Simpsons, In Living Color, and Married With Children.

Monty Python.

The HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy is probably the single most influential piece of literature I've ever read, as far as humour goes.

It's usually pretty obvious when I've been reading it. That earlier post about my airport adventure? That was me attempting to channel Mr. Adams.

Whoa, I went way past my two minutes. Gotta go, work, then register for more classes.

Maybe I'll try one of those literature classes I'm always hearing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.