Sunday, June 06, 2004

The week ends, the week begins.

I am learning to grudgingly admit to myself that I want to go to sleep before midnight.

Lousy work. On the plus side, I get paid this week. It's seems strange to think about. So, yeah, money. What am I going to do with this?

Fix my car window? I guess I could. Actually, I could have a long time ago and I just haven't. I always roll down my windows when I drive and I have never kept anything of value in my car.

Buy more stuff? I don't think I need anything. I mean, if there is something that I need and I don't have it right now, I must not really need it.

New clothes? I don't need more than three actual sets of clothing. Five days out of the week, my wardrobe is already planned.

I know. I'm going to track down and buy a lobster hat. Two years ago, Brian G. and I went down to Easley's Fun Shop to look for Halloween stuff. There was a hat that had a stuffed red lobster attached to the top. The claws would wag whenever I turned my head.

I didn't buy it. I've regretted it ever since.

And now, here's something I stole from Jaclyn.

What comes to mind when you hear...?

..snow?: Frostbite, blindess. Snow to me is like a little death. The torture machine from The Princess Bride that sucks off years of your life? It's powered by snow. It's fun to play in, though.

..rain?: The day you left, the heavens wept.

..tornado?: Zorro's horse, wasn't he? Or was that the Lone Ranger's?

..summer love?: "Out on the road today, I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac/
A little voice Inside my head said, 'Don't look back. You can never look back.'/
I thought I knew what love was/
What did I know?/
Those days are gone forever/
I should just let them go but-/"

..Jon?: The only one with that spelling that I can think of is Jon Arbuckle.

..Mike?: Check check and a lot of my friends that were named Mike.

..Shea?: The Wayne's World pronunciation.

..banana?: Nothing phallic comes to mind, I can assure you of that.

..dizzy?: Dizzy Devil from "Tiny Toons". And the girl from "Starship Troopers".

..Laura?: One of the coolest girls ever.

..Juan?: My friend from middle school. All we would do was quote "The Simpsons".

..car?: Toon. Carton. Milk. Soy. Chai. Asian. Toyota. Car.

..white?: Not anymore.

..peppermint?: Schnapps.

..New Found Glory?: Good for them.

..placebo?: Double my prescription.

..orange juice?: I prefer red juice.

..candid camera?: One of the earliest evolutions of reality television. Still waiting for someone from a apocolyptic future in which the only thing on television is a show about people watching television to go back in time and assassinate that show.

..sister?: She got me a writing quill.

..brother?: Which one?

..hate?: A desire to destroy, erase, obliterate. Often misused.

..school?: I blame them for these bad roaches.

..President?: Elect me. I'll still screw things up but at least I'll admit it.

..football?: The reason I went to Mountain Pointe in the first place. Then I realized I didn't really like football so I never joined the team.

..rap?: Yeah, I know you're rich, but that's not interesting enough to make a whole album about. Old school rap is where it's at.

..pop?: Pop-Rocks.

..rock?: "I don't need instructions to know how to rock!"

..punk?: Yeah, I know you're pissed off about high-school but that's not interesting enought to make a whole album about. Except for the good punk, of course.

..sex?: A relatively new idea. When everything on Earth was asexual, life was much simpler. And there wasn't nearly as much bad poetry being written.

..death?: "Do not go gently into that good night."

..baby?: Always depending on the kindness of strangers.

..duuude?: "Dude, you are being very un-Dude."

..the end?: Now it's someone else's turn to tell a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.