Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I'm sorry, Yahoo. There's a new woman in my life. And her name is...

G-Mail!

I have finally realized my life-long dream of having my own e-mail account with my name in it:

guillermo.lopez@gmail.com

I never could get it before because my name was always taken. What I always found funny about my name is that it is pretty unique around here, but back in Mexico my first and last names are incredibly common. Guillermo Lopez is the Spanish equivalent of Will Smith.

Aw, hellz naw!

* * * * *

I've been getting my literary ass rocked. Kavalier and Clay is already one of the best books I've ever read, but it is giving my dictionary a work-out. The language in that book is...I want to say amazing but that isn't a word I'd want to use when describing great language...

Homer: "Ooh, I love that section, Increase Your Word Power. It's really really...um....good."

I've also picked up The Elements of Style by Strunk and White. It is a very humbling read.

It's pretty much: For the Love of Cheebus, do not ever do this when you write... and then my heart sinks when I realize it's something I do all the time. Ah, well. I'm learning.

And it's time for work. I wonder if I'll be late.

Let's find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.