Saturday, March 27, 2004

Since I had been in a bad mood lately, I decided to go to where I used to go when I was in a bad mood: Kiwanis Park. (That is where you'll find the stagnant body of water that everyone calls a lake.)

It's been a blast. It has been very blustery lately, with cool nights.

So anyway, that was the brunt of my Friday night. The park was pretty populated. Mostly couples strolling blissfully around in circles. Larger groups also dominated most of the ramadas where I do push-ups, pull-ups, and sit-ups.

I have a lot of memories locked up in that park.

I ran past the spot where I rescued a duck that had trapped its beak in a bottle top.

There was the trashcan I threw up in one of the many times I had gotten drunk and then decided it would be a marvelous idea to go running.

Under that tree over there, I nearly ran right over a couple that was getting their groove on in the shadows. I ignored them and went about my business, British-style. They had disappeared when I rounded my second lap, but in the exact spot where they had been were two cats sitting calmly. I have been known to see ghost cats, but this was still unsettling.

I'm going to take Luis to a movie now. Scooby-Doo 2. I enjoyed the first movie, so I hope this one isn't bad.

I'm pretty confident that it can't be worse than The Cat in the Hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.