Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Note To Self

You'll have to remind me to post the notes I took during the whole mountain-climbing thing.

Oh wait, you can't comment. That's too bad.

Hey, does anyone mind if I post some deep, melancholy, relevant-to-my-life, song lyrics? If so, just say so.

No?

Okay!

"I'm a walkin' in the rain
Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain
Wishin' you were here by me
To end this misery and I wonder

I wa-wa-wa wonder
Why, why-why-why-why-why she ran away
And I wonder where she will stay
My little runaway, a-run-run-run-run runaway!"

Today's Notes:

I had class today. It wasn't bad. Getting up was the difficult part since I had still been up until 4 in the morning. I have not yet resigned myself to my fate of becoming a daywalker. It's like in that poem by Dylan Thomas that goes "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" except completely opposite, and without the dying father.

As I said, classes t'weren't bad. We had to do an introductory exercise in one class in which we were required to write down three bits of information about ourselves. Two were to be true and one was supposed to be false. It was a pleasant change of pace from the usual dry reading of the syllabus for the semester. The example for the false bit that my professor put down was "I went to Prom in a gorilla suit." My three bits were as follows:

1. I have a tattoo.
2. I am in the Army National Guard.
3. I went to Prom dressed in a jester costume.

As far as I know, all of my classmates put down number three as "false." (I was told that I look like a Marine, and since that can be taken both ways, I took it as a compliment.)

I suppose, as The Dude might say, "They're not privy to all the new shit, man."

Number 2 was false, I had to explain, since I had been in the ANG when I was 17, but I had high-tailed it out of there when I was 18. I wonder if I qualify as a veteran?

I did indeed go to Prom my Freshman year of high school dressed in a motley jester costume, belled hat, tights, and all. There was a medieval theme that year, and a few of my friends and I dressed up as jesters and got to go for free. It was a blast, and rivaled the fun I had when I went my Junior and Senior years (in a tux.)

Musing

Apparently, if one were to Google-search "What's it like being drunk?" (without the quotation marks,) smack-dab in the middle of the first page of results is this very web page. I still maintain that I don't have a problem.

After all, it's not as if the person searched "What's it like being a drunk?"

That would have been pretty damning.

G.Advice

Speaking of being 17, I once wore a Simpsons shirt that was ten years old on a first date.

There was no second date.

I think it was for the best, since if she couldn't appreciate the sophisticated humor of a t-shirt with Bart saying "Gross, man!", I doubt that she would have appreciated my own.

(I still have that shirt. I only wear it on special occasions, since it is 14 years old now.)

Now if I could just find someone who'd like to go out for dinner and a movie. I have been wanting to see Big Fish again...

If you're interested, just leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.